In this podcast, titled “Guess Who’s Coming to Lunch,” you will get to hear Ramzy interview Ustadhah Zainab on how to smoothly navigate being invited to an Arab family’s house for lunch–without making your foot the main course.
You’ll discover such things as:
- The position of lunch in Arab culture.
- What to bring with you as a gift (hint: it’s not an LCD-flatscreen TV).
- How to maneuver the cheek-to-cheek kiss greeting.
- What to do with your shoes when you enter.
- The most polite place to sit.
- Handling that initial awkward silence.
- How much to expect you’ll be fed (hint: come with an empty stomach).