In this “Arab Street” podcast, titled “Guess Who’s Coming to Lunch” (Part 2), you will hear Ramzy interview Ustadhah Zainab on how to continue navigating your invitation to an Arab family’s house for lunch–from “tafaddalu” to “prayer tennis.”
You’ll discover such things as:
- The many meanings of “tafaddalu.”
- Will you be sitting on the floor or at a table?
- How to go about washing your hands (before and after eating).
- What seating arrangements to expect between the genders.
- What to do if you’re vegetarian.
- What to do if your plate is full enough (hint: plan well and be strong).
- Which hand to eat with.
- The various ways to thank the host when you’re done (hint: expect some “prayer tennis”).